Friday, September 14, 2012

Time to be Alone

Growing up I would spend hours and hours drawing pictures, writing stories, and doing other stuff. I'm very comfortable with myself. Doesn't mean I want/plan to spend all my days alone, I'm just saying that alone time is a vital time. As a kid I spent hours drawing and writing. As an adult I've spent hours writing, and hours and hours working on my Lego city. That's what defines me, my creativity and my passion for exploring it and my inner exploration.








Once, my cousin, when he saw my Lego city and thought about how long I had to have worked on it, told me jokingly, "You have too much time on your hands...you need to get a life."

 I looked right at him and said, "I'm an artist and I create art; that is my life."

Not to say that I don't want more out of life, because I sure do, but without art, without being able to create and use my mind like that, I can't imagine life at all. Whether it's painting or building, or singing, or music and dancing, or mixing, or writing, or perfecting a sport or action, or whatever, there is an artist in all of us. I don't think any of us would want to live without that part of us to keep us going and enjoying life. That passion within, that inner light, that is the shine!

What do you think, does an artist know himself/herself better than people who don't explore their own minds for ideas?







No comments:

Post a Comment